• 4+ years Oil & Gas and/or banking experience; specific RBF experience desired
• Exposure to corporate clients in the Americas
• Strong financial modelling skills
• Excellent understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements, cashflows and corporate finance valuation.
• Strong credit analysis skills (formal Credit training is a plus)
• Capacity to understand complex financial structures and familiarity with credit and related legal documentation
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
• Innovative, Self-starting, Resilient
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure-orientated environment, and deliver under tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a team structure
• Capacity to work in close co-operation with other business lines
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree (mathematic, physics, engineering or economics/finance/business)
• Desired: Master’s degree
S63 & S79 (to be obtained during the first 6 months of employment)
The Reserve Based Finance business at Société Générale (“SG”) falls under the Energy Group in the Natural Resources Division, and finances and provides advisory services to Upstream E&P and Midstream/Energy Infrastructure clients in the Americas, with a focus on offshore project and corporate lending transactions. As a form of asset backed lending, our loan facilities are structured against the assessed value of oil and gas reserves in the ground, with enhanced structural provisions in the case of project or development style transactions. Our business is also part of a Global Reserve Based Finance group, which provides financing services all over the world, including in the North Sea, Asia and Africa.
In addition to reserve-based lending and development finance, the Reserve Based Finance team performs a coverage function for our clients, and works with other product teams of SG’s Investment Banking platform, with a focus on Debt Capital Markets, Private Placements, Equity Capital Markets, and Capital Raising Solutions, as well as Interest Rate Derivatives and Term Deposits.
SG’s Reserve Based Finance business has been present in Houston for over 30 years.