Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
- A licensed attorney who has 2-6 years of experience practicing at a top-tier law firm, hedge fund, or other alternative investment management firm;
- Understanding and proficiency with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Act of 1933; familiarity with “Dodd-Frank” (including, the “Volcker Rule”), the Commodities Exchange Act, and other US securities and commodities related laws and regulations preferred;
- Experience structuring private funds, separate accounts, co-investment vehicles, and/or similar structures;
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance filings (Form ADV, Form PF, CPO-PQR, Section 13 filings, NFA filings, etc.);
- Strong attention to detail while able to prioritize issues appropriately;
- Being organized, detail-oriented and thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately;
- Effective problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative; and
- Ability to interact with inter-departmental colleagues and senior management, undertake projects, work with outside counsel and external parties, and handle various issues both on his/her own as well as in a group.
- B.A./B.S. required
- Active Member, New York State Bar
- Law degree from a well-regarded U.S. law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Undergraduate degree from a well-regarded 4-year college/university
- French a plus but not required
Lyxor Asset Management Inc. (Lyxor US), based in Midtown New York City, is the US investment advisory subsidiary of Lyxor Asset Management SAS (Lyxor SAS). Lyxor SAS is a global asset management firm specializing in alternative investments. Lyxor SAS is affiliated with and owned by Société Générale SA, a global financial institution, and is based in Paris, France. Lyxor US is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser, a CFTC Registered Commodity Pool Operator and NFA Member Firm.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.