Experience and technical skills
- You know that technology will be (is) a key differentiating factor in the banking industry and you are passionate with the investment banking functional area through significant experience in an IB. You understand the importance of automation in the delivery pipeline to stay competitive especially through optimizing the Time to Market.
- You have an IT background (through engineer or university degree with IT cursus) making you able to understand easily IT concept & architecture and all supporting tools for applications (deployment, configuration, monitoring…)
- You have a significant experience in managing people (up to 15 HC) and / or on project management (> 2M€ size) with proved results
- Fluent English and geman is necessary to work in an international environment (spoken, written)
Personal abilities and competencies:
- Excellent Management Skills combined with the needed communication skills to work with leaders and employees from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with the business lines, other internal functions and other regions
- Articulate, friendly and approachable team player
- Interest in/willingness to learn more about products with complex structures and payoffs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to create a trusted relationship with our business partners
- Strong level of autonomy expected especially facing our business partners and in the management of people in the team
- Ability and proven experience to manage and lead a team
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 149,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
GBSU is the pole (tribe) dedicated to Listed Product & Secondary technology aligned with the Global Market trading desk for Listed Products . The different services owned are mainly dedicated to flow products (warrant, certificates, turbos…) and operate issuance process automation & market animation (market making). These services are subject to continuous & constant evolution following business evolutions through project or corrective and evolutive maintenance cycle.
The first priority of the head of Application Operations & DevOps is ensuring stable and performant runtime environment with his local team and supporters in other time zones, closely aligned with the Infrastructure units responsible for the two new datacenters deployed in Frankfurt. As part of this role he/she will be the unit’s interface to the centrally managed infrastructure departments, covering performance, cyber security and cost efficiency. 2nd responsibility is support of an agile development process with an advanced DevOps approach.
We expect a strong leader of the local teams and strong teamplayer appreciated by his local pears responsible for development and the international infrastructure units.