As a Learning and Development Specialist you will identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers for the target groups (IT).
Your Role in a Nutshell:
- Knowledgeable of business-line daily operations, processes and technologies used, skills and capabilities in his/her area of responsibility and able to provide stakeholders with key insights on employee technical skills development;
- Identifies development needs in technical areas for the specific target groups (IT) – able to conduct a technical skill TNA (training needs assessment) process with minimum supervision;
- Works closely with line-managers and middle-managers in identifying courses of action in technical up-skilling the organization’s workforce;
- Collects technical training needs and identifies best-in-class solutions to be delivered (internal/external provider);
- Acts consultative when interacting with various stakeholders on technical L&D topics;
- Is the first point of contact on any L&D technical topics (processes, policies, learning events etc.);
- Ensure the stakeholders’ adherence to the L&D processes on any technical learning initiatives;
- Is the dedicated resource for SSC IT in terms of identifying technical trainings driven by the business needs;
- Delivers technical presentations to staff on specific topics addressing the delegates’ development needs;
- Meets with various technical training providers and can draft conclusions and initiate courses of action with minimum supervision;
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously and is responsible for resource allocation, planning and implementation and monitoring.