Your Role in a Nutshell:
• Contribute in all phases of application development lifecycle;
• Participate in establishing web development strategies;
• Write well designed, efficient code compliant with existing framework and standards;
• Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document web applications;
• Collaborate in upgrading website architectures and overall structure of web applications;
• Ensure the delivery of high quality solutions to agreed specifications and within agreed time scales;
• Assist in development of new web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers;
• Understand the code-base of existing applications and suggest improvements, fix bugs, and add new features, as needed;
• Support continuous improvements by investigating alternatives and technologies.
A little about You:
• You have at least 2 years of experience working with Java/J2EE (OOP/Servlets/JSP);
• You have good knowledge of Angular and/or Jquery;
• You have one year experience with Spring and Hibernate /JPA ;
• You have basic knowledge of CSS, HTML, Bootstrap;
• If you have some experience/ basic Knowledge of IntelliJ, Git, Maven, Jenkins and JUnit, that would be a plus
We also value:
• Good command of English, both written and spoken with the ability to participate in French/English-only meetings; the ability to understand French specs
• Enthusiasm, self-confidence, innovative problem-solving skills, curiosity, autonomy and taste for developing new technical and methodology skills.
Société Générale European Business Services is a player in the shared service center market and delivers high added value services in various fields of activity for worldwide entities of the Group (finance/ accounting, procurement, human resources and IT). The company is currently serving over 20 countries mostly across Europe for all major business lines of the Société Générale Group. The Shared Service Center for IT (SSC-IT) of SG EBS is a new organization that started early in 2014 to provide Société Générale Group IT Services. The mission of SSC IT is to contribute to SG Group transformation by proposing advanced high quality IT services along with innovative operating models. A large part of our team is integrated into the IT department (ITEC) of the Investment Bank of Societe Generale - GBIS for Global Banking and Investor Solutions. We are currently extending the team to work with all business lines of Société Générale Group: French retail bank, international retail bank and insurance services, and corporate IT systems.