Eliot is the Equity deal processing application at GBIS for all equity trading activities (deal booking, front office position, product definition for Equity Listed & OTC products, regulatory report, etc).
The main component is EDS which data service layer that provides position and product definition to all Equity traders at GBIS. Due to its positioning in the deal processing IS EDS is a key component for all trading activities (deal booking, front office position, product definition for Equity Listed & OTC products, etc). It’s a technical application with key performance targets in mind (~1 Billion calls/day, response time ~ ms, ~100GB data in memory cache).
Will also work on another critical Eliot component: GUS in charge of the booking of all the market executions. GUS is receiving around 1.5million/day executions which aggregates common executions into megadeals before inserting in the Eliot DB.
What you will do:
- Assist the BA with the translation of business requirements into technical ones;
- Show technical expertise and handle development/testing tasks;
- Follow up functional testing with end users;
- Liaises with Infrastructure/middleware teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies;
- Employs industry standard best practices;
- Povides level three support during local business hours;
- Involved with the review and submission of solutions designs globally.