Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) acts as a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. If you are looking for a great career opportunity within the IT world, then you are in the right place.
Our IT Filiere has over 800 IT professionals, delivering services on four perimeters: Retail Banking, Security and Infrastructure, Internal Support Applications and Investment Banking. And our team is ready to expand and find new awesome colleagues to embark on this journey.
We want to provide you a meaningful career where you feel authentic and love your job. Day after day. Your tasks will be diverse but will have one thing in common: they will be useful to the community – on local levels and even global scales. Join us in shaping the world of tomorrow. The Future is You!
The Business Analyst is responsible for creating and updating the documentation related to business processes at the IT department level and the alignment of the team with the standards / tools and methods, regulations and good practices used in the Société Générale group . Actively participates in the creation and update of process documentation, business specifications, test cases, test plans and test scenarios according to the requirements of internal customers in the company.
Performs business analysis to define configuration requirements and ensures the maintenance of proper supporting documentation for all configuration activities . Performs root cause analysis on issues and support the resolution .
Works closely with the IT architect to define the current/target functional and application solutions for the IT systems, ensuring consistency and the quality indicators defined by the IT architect at the level of process implementation in the IT system.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Help users to refine business requirements;
- Identify, analyze, and translates the needs of users of IT solutions in the form of an IT deliverable (detailed functional specifications, etc.);
- Identifies options for potential solutions and analyzes their integration, both from the business point of view, the risk impact assessment and the choice of the most suitable solution;
- Promote possible mutualisation of function and/or solution between countries in scope;
- Helps users prioritize and make decisions based on risks, stakes and expected outcomes;
- Closely collaborates with a variety of end users to ensure functional, operational, technical compatibility and the satisfaction of user requests according to the requirement initially expressed and validated by the internal client;
- Manages the activities of the different IT contributors in the project (IT , QA ) respecting the constraints of scope, quality, time and costs, in order to deliver the specified requirements and to satisfy the client's requirements (planning, alerts);
- Proposes if necessary alternative solutions and/or workarounds;
- Anticipates the change management process (impact assessment, communication and user training, launch, implementation);
- Monitors and periodically prepares reports for internal clients regarding expected milestones and deliverables;
- Elaborates the specifications and modification requirements of the applications in production by aligning them with the operational procedures and standards requested according to the described business requirements, parameterization sheets/configuration and project specifications;
- Ensures that the procedures, manuals, and documentation for IT applications are updated, as well as the alignment with the latest functional and application architectures;
- Develops and updates all deliverables specific to the business analysis (opportunity note, detailed requirement, training guides) for all applications under his responsibility, as well as the deliverables developed later, according to the business requirements described in the project specifications;
- Validate technical specifications and QA tests requirements;
- Accomplishes the connection between the internal client, the product owner of the country, the QA and the IT team in the preparation of the functional specifications;
- Collaborates with the application administrators, the IT security manager, the project managers, the business managers and the IT Architect, in the projects assigned to him;
- Informs the responsible owners within the company regarding any data and information about persons, entities and/or goods that are the subject of transactions under international sanctions, suspected of money laundering or terrorist financing, of which he becomes aware of throughout the exercise of the position.
- Relevant experience (equivalent experience in work and/or education can be presented);
- An experience on working with the PASS system for at least 1 year would be a plus
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in bank insurance / insurance / banks / financial services, in relevant positions, as business analyst, systems analyst, system tester, project manager or business consultant;
- Experience in modeling and optimizing business processes and translating them into functional specifications;
- Experience in understanding and interpreting business processes, formalized in diagrams using Microsoft Visio or other process modeling and representation tools;
- Practical knowledge of business analysis and business optimization - CBAP, Agile, Lean Six Sigma;
- Foreign languages: English. French would be a plus
Nice to have skills :
- Experience on IT or banking projects, will be very appreciated;
- Practical knowledge of project management, project methodologies, PMI, PRINCE2, AGILE, are considered a plus;
Why join us
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & work-from-home options with enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years, or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating, and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful daily and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organization, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.