Description of the Business Line or Department
To enhance KYC and client on boarding process undertaken by the Private Banking and Fiduciary teams within Kleinwort Hambros (KH) by providing advice and guidance to increase the quality and efficiency of the process to improve the overall experience to the client.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· As part of KYC Task Force Action plan initial focus will be to review and enhance the quality of KYC for our existing clients with detailed client risk reviews undertaken by the Private Banking and Fiduciary teams with KYC Advisors providing proactive advice and guidance to increase the quality of our client files
· Once the Task Force Action Plan has been completed to continue as a KYC advisor where you will:
o Assist the Private Banking and Fiduciary teams with client ongoing reviews and to review client on boarding applications to ensure they are in line with policy and have all the information to be submitted to compliance and relevant committees.
o To streamline, update and communicate best practice and policy in line with policy and regulatory requirements to improve the efficiency, quality of information gathered and submissions
o To train the relationship managers where necessary on policies, procedures and legislation in order to facilitate a more efficient process
Summary of responsibilities
· Guide and assist relationship managers in complying with the objectives of the KYC action plan.
o Review client due diligence documentation and questionnaires ensuring the correct information has been supplied to the client and supplied by the client to the relationship manager
· Complete the KYC Memo with the Banking and Fiduciary teams
· Work constructively with other stakeholders such as Compliance & Middle Office in the performance of their tasks
· Assist in the preparation of management information to enable tracking of progress versus KYC action plan targets
· Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the KH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships
o To foresee any potential issues that may affect the on boarding process and provide solutions to enable these problems to be mitigated
o Train relationship managers on AML, Sanctions, Policy and Procedure, and Compliance procedures
Level of Autonomy and Authority
· External Private Clients
· Financial intermediaries / Business Introducers