Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) has been active in Ireland for 20 years and is a leading player in servicing Irish domiciled and offshore collective investment vehicles. We act locally as fund administrator and depositary for a wide range of international clients who manage schemes from UCITS to AIFs including private equity and real estate structures, hedge funds and special purpose vehicles.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the FPS Head of Operations with strong interactions with senior management and the Risk & Compliance department, the Investors KYC / AML Officer is responsible for, amongst other things:
· performing KYC / AML checks on shareholders of the client funds;
· overseeing the legal and regulatory environment with specific focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) Regulations / FATCA and their implementation within the Transfer Agency perimeter;
· and, implementing and maintaining robust processes for the function covered.
Summary of responsibilities
· Review of account opening documentation including analytical risk assessment for new client accounts within agreed time frames
· Pre-Validation of Risk Assessment form on behalf of the business
· Support the Registration, Compliance and Risk team in the resolution of complex KYC/AML cases
· Liaise with Compliance Officers of clients in case of escalation (MANCOs)
· Periodically evaluate existing Clients’ Risk according to established policies and procedures and liaise with MANCOs for validating high-risk client accounts
· Periodical review of KYC/AML records as to completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and risk assessments are current and up to date
· Investigating and reporting high-risk clients, including Politically Exposed Persons, collecting all the necessary documentation to complete the client file
· Review and respond to KYC/AML related queries across all clients within agreed time frames
· Run, review and update KYC/AML reports and provide these reports to Clients and Regulatory Authorities
· Based on guidelines defined by CFT following the regulatory watch on new directives, laws and regulations related to KYC/AML, define how to implement those guidelines from an operational point of view
· Provide explanations / training on guidance defined on regulatory requirements (to internal and external)
· Implement and keep up to date procedures that ensure the team is compliant with all KYC/AML and Financial Crimes prevention policies
· Contribute on and prepare/discuss AML reviews as required by Compliance and by the business
· Providing effective support for employees of the Transfer Agent and Compliance
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.