Studies & experience:
- University or business school (“FH”) graduate, with a qualifying degree to work in the financial sector, majoring in finance, economics, law or international relations. Graduate degrees are considered a plus;
- 3-5 years recent prior professional employment in a related field is required;
- First-hand professional experience of the European and Swiss financial regulatory environment (AML, PEP, tax, etc.);
- International experience is considered a plus and may justify basic knowledge of the local regulations.
- Any previous SG Group experience would a plus due to SG’s commitment to developing & retaining its employees.
- English proficiency (C1-C2);
- German proficiency (C1-C2);
- Other languages are considered a plus.
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, and willingness to develop these on the job;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (sense of service and flexibility that are expected in support functions), and motivation to improve these with experience;
- Excellent time management and ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent ability to self-study and engagement to learn under pressure;
- Responsible, committed with a good attention to detail;
- Experience (preferably professional level) demonstrating the ability to focus in modern (flexi and open space) work environment.
Société Générale Switzerland is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context:
- Exposure to a very dynamic and international working environment;
- Great team spirit, one of our core principles;
- The chance to learn about all aspects of corporate and investment banking in a support function dealing with business lines across three countries: trade commodity finance, cash management, structured products and derivatives, bond issuance, securities services, project and real estate finance, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs;
- Work closely with stakeholders in a small branch as well as globally across the bank;
- Great opportunity to develop your analytical writing skills, as well as becoming involved in the creative process that is essential to a modern KYC support unit;
- Improve your presentation and communication skills through various engagements (business unit trainings, senior management committees for high risk clients, new joiner program.);
- Understand the bank’s organization through a central business unit and learn about its obligations towards internal and external stakeholders, whilst playing an active role in implementing its strategies.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.