KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with APTCP (Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds), Japanese AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues particularly in the banking and investments sectors, to ensure our KYC standard is compliant with local regulatory requirements
- Ability to examine in detail and understand the structure of a financial transaction, understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information
- Sensitivity to the demands and constraints of a capital market environment and financing activities
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage relationships with the local BLs, CPLE with minimum supervision.
- Ability to assess appropriate practical guidance and solutions to onboarding issues without compromising internal controls, policy requirements or external regulatory requirements.
- Capable of delivering various briefings and trainings to the BLs re: KYC policy/regulations and client onboarding process.
- Continue the shift to client driven organization and development of a quality control mindset in a consistent manner.
- Use strong communication skills (verbal and written) to on-board new clients to the firm and ensure KYC files are consistently completed in line with policy and procedures. Manage communication & updates between all key stakeholders.
- Analytical skills, precision, curiosity, tenacity and autonomy are key qualities in a KYC Analyst job
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese languages
- Native Japanese, business level English required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, reactivity, sense of service, anticipation and flexibility are essential requirements in this service function
- The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment as well as a strong interest in financial markets and banking activities
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML latest issues and regulatory changes
- Foster good team spirit both within your individual team and the wider teams. Be able to demonstrate where you have contributed to the 'one team' philosophy
- Two to five years working experience in a financial institution, with at least two years performing KYC (Know Your Client), client onboarding or client due diligence for individual, corporate and institutional customers.
- Basic understanding for global KYC
- Analytical mind with tenacity to identify and address the underlying roots of challenge and issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently within the team and wider in the organization in multiple locations
- Developed understanding and knowledge of AML Risk, AML regulations and Banking/Securities/markets products
- Business Lines (internal customers), Clients (external customers), KYC network as well as other relevant departments including Compliance and Operations, Risk in order to complete the KYC validations as efficiently as possible.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Today, Societe Generale in Japan consists of four core businesses: Societe Generale, Tokyo Branch; Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited, Societe Generale Haussmann Japan Limited and Societe Generale Aircraft Leasing Company Limited. These four entities are in line with our worldwide focus on Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets, and Asset Management.