Academic Background(degree and major)
- University Degree in Banking, Finance, or Accounting
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how
- Two to five years working experience in a financial institution, with at least one year performing client due diligence/AML/KYC assessments for corporate and institutional customers. Candidates with experience in evaluating higher risk files will be prioritized
Skills & Competencies
Key skill areas & knowledge required:
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector, and/or specialist knowledge of one business area.
- Ability to examine in detail and understand the structure of a financial transaction, understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information
- Strong knowledge of China AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues particularly in the banking and investments sectors, to ensure our KYC standard is compliant with local regulatory requirements
- Sensitivity to the demands and constraints of a capital market environment and financing activities
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage relationships with the local BLs and Compliance with minimum supervision.
- Ability to assess appropriate practical guidance and solutions to onboarding issues without compromising internal controls, policy requirements or external regulatory requirements.
- Capable of delivering various briefings and trainings to the BLs re: KYC policy/regulations and client onboarding process.
- Analytical skills, precision, curiosity, tenacity and autonomy are key qualities in a KYC Analyst job
- Fluent in written and spoken English language and Mandarin;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, reactivity, sense of service, anticipation and flexibility are essential requirements in this service function
- The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment as well as a strong interest in financial markets and banking activities
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML latest issues
- Leadership skills
- Fluent English spoken and written skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, esp. Excel operation
Job Summary / Job Purpose
CLD carries out on a worldwide basis two main missions within SGCIB:
- Perform verification and controls pertaining to the identity and reputation of clients (customer due diligence) so as to ensure compliance of the Bank with both China local regulatory obligations of AML/CTF vigilance and related SG group policy requirement; and validate the acceptability of the client relationship per internal compliance standards and procedures.
- Ensure the relevance, quality and accuracy of main client description and categorization attributes in SGCIB and SG Group client data bases