Competencies and Experience
- Ability to apply principles of risk-based KYC, client risk assessment and the products used in a wholesale banking and institutional broker dealer business.
- Familiarity with quality scoring models related to KYC files, as well as the quality assurance processes for KYC performed at large-scale financial institutions.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey results of analysis in well written KYC memos
- Ability to partner with Compliance, other KYC departments in SG, and business lines
- Strong organization and planning skills
- An inquisitive nature and ability to spot issues, and address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to assure all issues and concerns are managed properly and timely
- Ability to work in a pressurized, time-sensitive environment.
- Minimum five years' hands-on experience in the Financial Services industry in a KYC or AML capacity.
- Degree caliber candidate with expertise in business or economics related subjects
- Industry-related Compliance and AML Certifications such as CAMS, CFE desired.
Desired Languages: (Other than English) French
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
The Operations Department (OPER) ensures the operational processing and control of activity across all Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) business lines (Capital Markets, ex-Newedge & Financing). OPER implements all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative and financial processing of capital markets and credit operations initiated by these business lines. In addition, OPER ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial regulations while acting as the first level of control on operations and booking quality. OPER provide all necessary support during the lifecycle of the transaction, perform Know Your Customer processing and provide general client relationship management. OPER also acts to steer the evolution of regulatory projects and controls our external service providers.
CLIC (Client Lifecycle Intelligence and Care) is the global cross-business client management division for Societe Generale. CLIC’s mission is to provide a simplified, differentiated experience for SG’s clients and employees over the client’s entire lifecyle. Within CLIC, the CLM (Client Lifecycle Management) department has primary responsibility for:
- Coordinating the onboarding process
- Managing client data with a guarantee of quality and completeness
- Protecting the bank and its clients by applying KYC regulations