Job description: LEAD
Work collaboratively with a global team to design, develop scalable, maintainable and reliable services that process very large quantities data using Big Data technologies (100 billion daily indicators, 6 TB/day before compression).
Familiar with Object oriented development, with specific experience in at least one major OO language (knowledge of Java is mandatory and if possible java 8). Nice to have: Knowledge of functional programming.
Develop and review end to end application and technical architecture of deliverables within the business services programming including integration with external modules / components
Perform end-to-end software development life cycle functions including Architecture, Design, Development, Performance Analysis & Tuning, Optimization, Testing and Product Maintenance.
Design software components using appropriate design patterns to assist in developing a consistent well throughout the system that’s simple to build, maintain and interface with users and other system components
Ensure quality of deliverables, set development standards in areas of code quality, test coverage, TDD, BDD, monitoring, logging, exception management.
Collaborate and build relation with other development teams, operate and operations partners and business clients.
The individual must have 9-12 years of diversified experience developing applications using java language with at least 2+ years of experience in Big data technologies Spark, Kafka/Spark Streaming, HBase, Hive, Oozie, Knox, Hadoop (Hortonworks) and related eco system.
- Experience working on at least 2 big Data projects.
- Expertise with Hadoop and Spark highly desired including performance optimization know how.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems using solutions such as Spark-Streaming, Kafka is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of principles and components of Big Data processing and analytics highly desired.
- Messaging formats including XML, JSON, Google Protocol Buffers, Avro.
- Solid experience in Core java is a must. Good knowledge of SQL is also required.
- Experience in creating and consuming RESTful web services (with Spring Boot).
- Experience with Agile and test-driven development methodologies required (TDD with Junit/Hadoop Unit and BDD with cucumber).
- Proficient in UNIX commands and Shell Scripting.
- Comfortable working with Eclipse IDE or Intellij IDEA.
- Experience with Git, MAVEN, Jira tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You like to have a deep understanding of the technical stacks in which you are developing (not only using the API but knowing how it works behind the wood)
- Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills.
- Experience of Object-Oriented software design and design patterns.
- Experience in handling a team from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge on functional programming features in java is highly desired.
- Experience within the Financial Services industry is a plus.
- Experience in working in global teams.
- Angular JS
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Société Générale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Société Générale (SG). Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Société Générale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence and applying it to banking. SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management to Société Générale’s business lines around the world.