- 8-12 years related business experience in Information Security particularly in the financial services
- Previous experience in a management or leadership role
- In-depth understanding core information security functions including, Identity and Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application Security, Cyber Threat Management and Incident Response, Security GRC including Vendor Risk Management and Security Awareness
- Security operations management, security risk/compliance management, project management, and system implementation management skills
- Practical knowledge of process engineering and technical requirements working with multiple users, platforms, and applications
- Strong knowledge of change management processes and the software development lifecycle
- Solid knowledge of Risk Management Frameworks, industry best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., PIPEDA).
- Knowledge of Canadian and US Security regulatory requirements and environment in financial services industry
- Experience working in a global / international environment with a broad range of policies and procedures preferred
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience in information and cyber security
- Certified training in security management, risk and compliance solutions and practices. CISSP, GCIH, CISA, CISM, GSEC, CRISC, or related certification(s) required (e.g., ethical hacking certs)
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Set goals and priorities that maximize the use of available resources
- Self-awareness of own behavior/work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints
- Interest in others’ opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people
Languages: (Other than English)
- Bilingual in French (Strongly preferred)
Data & Cyber Security (DCS) is globally responsible for securing and steering Information Security and Cyber Security related risks for the global Markets, Banking and Advisory, and Transaction Banking divisions and related Service Units. DCS is composed of diverse and talented professionals who translate ideas into action daily by combining the strength of its expertise with a deep understanding of Business Unit and Service Unit needs.
DCS covers the Americas primarily from the regional office in New York with support from a near-shored location in Montreal. Given the increasing role of Montreal as a support hub and the existence of local business units, DCS is looking to expand the Montreal team including a new role for a Lead Information Security Officer.
DCS’ responsibilities cover the management of Information Security and Cybersecurity
frameworks and revolve around five areas of expertise – Identification, Protection, Detection, Response, and Recovery.