Mandatory Skills / Experience – Must have good team working skills balanced with ability to work in shifts (24x7 on rotation basis) / ability to work alone and a positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge on Production Database Operations & understanding the importance of BAU
- Good Knowledge on ITIL Framework
- Effective communication (Written & Verbal)
- Experience on Incident Mgt and managing Crises calls by engaging with Vendors & Clients
- Good knowledge on Presentation skills with PPT and expert in Excel with functions & Macros
- Good Experience on Client projects/domain, End-to-End Project management, setting-up technology Roadmap
- Preferred Experience on LEAN methodology to optimize the BAU tasks
- Strong analysis skills, Problem Solving and Decision making
- Willing to accept/take responsibility and problem ownership
- Skill-up on new concepts, features and Open source technology and being Mentors
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Planning and execution of PSU Patching & Upgradation of SQL Server (Legacy Mgt)
- Good Experience on automating PSU Patching, installations and other BAU tasks
- Experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and optimizing the queries, tracing long running queries, blockings and deadlocks.
- Account Management (Login Creation, Deletion, Profile Modification) & managing Security/Audit parameters
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity
- Knowledge on index de-fragmentation, re-indexing and update the index statistics
- Configuration & Monitoring High Availability, Log-Shipping, DB Mirroring, Replication, Clustering and Always-ON
- Good knowledge on troubleshooting of Always-ON, Clustering and other HA components
- Good Knowledge on Storage level replication like SRDF
- Periodical Backups of the database and timely recovery when required. Scheduling the automated backup jobs
- Scheduling, Monitoring and Trouble shooting SQL Agent Jobs/Autosys Maintenance Jobs & Maintenance Plans
- Trouble Shooting and fixing Data corruption (Page, table level)
- Preparing/Updating SOPs documents (Technical & Operational)
Good to have skills / Experience –
- Experience of handling very large environment, min 500+ SQL Instances and TB's of database size
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.