In this role, the main mission of the second level controller are:
• Perform second level controls (i.e. design and operating effectiveness assessment) on Business Units with business scope (Capital Market Activities, Investment Banking etc) / Services Units( (Service Units such as Operations, Human Resources, Communication, etc.) first level controls executed in APAC.
• Make recommendations to improve the quality of the first level control device.
• Ensure the implementation of these recommendations.
In the context of the Leadership model, Operational Risk Manager will invest his/her time and skills towards team work, act ethically and with courage, propose new ideas and contribute to change management, and finally lead as an example and by its support to colleagues or other teams. All these actions and values will contribute to the development of client positive impact (client being internal or external).
In summary this Individual Contributor role requires leading complex missions as below
• Review existing operational controls and provide surety through reporting that the controls are effective or suggest any necessary revisions or additions in case they are not covered
• Describe the risks and report anomalies in case they are not identified and executed as per control procedure
• Analyze the risk of the process and understand the control built to mitigate/ minimize the risk
• Perform in depth end to end control testing
• Perform Control design review of the Key Controls/Managerial Supervisory controls/ any other Operational Controls are done to ensure controls are well followed
• Conduct Monthly governance meeting with onshore counterparts
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
Experience in performing Second Level Controls testing at regular or defined intervals to ensure correct risks are identified and adequate controls are in place to mitigate/ minimize, maintained and functioning properly. The person will be analyzing WATCH controls, by understanding the risk for which the control has been established, and share the control execution testing conclusions and recommendations to the management for further improvement in terms of spreading the knowledge on controls to safeguard environment.