· Desired qualities:
- Experience and exposer to good programming practices including Coding and Testing standards
- Passion and Experience in proactively investigating, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions continuously improve the Cloud Platform
- Passionate about contributing to a small team and helping drive organization technical vision
- Passionate about building good development culture and coaching teams on organization and industry wide best practices
- Effective communication and presentation skills - should be able to articulate and present effectively to leadership teams as well as developers of all levels
- Strong engineering and consulting ability to help architect and design XAAS services
- Strong technical ability to research and independently drive technical POC’s
Capable of quickly learning and implementing new tools/technologies
- Should be able to ideate and collaborate through inner and open sourcing
- Ability to Interact with client managers, developers, testers and cross functional teams like architects
- Experience working in Agile Team and exposure to agile / SAFE development methodologies.
Minimum 8+ years of experience in software development and architecture.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, micro-service, MVC frameworks with relational and non-relational databases
- Good Experience in building APIs (REST) and cloud native applications.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring around development design and best practices
- Good understanding of application quality including testing strategies, frameworks and practices (TDD)
- Good understanding of CI/CD and DevOps and Proficient with tools like GIT, Jenkin, Sonar
- Expertise in one or more programming language. Including good working knowledge of Python.
- [good to have] Experience in driving or contributing to developer communities
- [good to have] Experience contributing to Inner and open sourcing
- [good to have] Experience on cloud platforms like AWS/ Azure and
- [good to have] Experience in hosting applications using Containerization like Docker/Openshift etc.
- [good to have] Strong skills around Performance tuning for application’s
- [good to have] SAFE understanding and experience
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.