- Support the team technically, solve technical challenges as well as understand the functional scope
- Should be a self-driven, motivated and have strong passion for technology and eagerness to learn
- Expertise in the following:
· Requirement Analysis
· Software Design
· Release Processes
- Have a good knowledge of Work allocation (if required).
- Able to plan & Prioritize work
- Responsible for development, enhancements and providing production support for applications under Securities Services perimeter
- Responsible for unit, regression and integration testing of implemented code. Adherence to quality, cost and schedule
- Relevant Experience(Specific to the technology/role).
· Result Orientation
· Client Focus
· Team Leadership
· 9-13 Years of experience in Z/OS, COBOL, CICS, JCL, IMS/DB2 , IMS/DL1, VSAM
· Knowledge on IDMS database and environment is preferred
· Knowledge in MFAST, SPITAB, CONTROL-M, and OLQ Menu will be an added advantage
· Knowledge in Securities/Investment banking would be appreciated
· Clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and process Oriented
· Experiences on any Configuration Management tools (like Changeman/LCM or similar)
· Knowledge on Incident Management tools (like JIRA or similar).
· Experiences of application development based on waterfall life cycle or V-model life cycle
· Practice of AGILE development method (SCRUM, KANBAN)
· Must have done extensive programming on:
o Handling both batch and online programs
o Report generation from multiple files
o Screen display handling
o SQL Queries
o Knowledge on COBOL subroutines
· Ability to code independently
· Ability to conduct code reviews of peers
· Good analytical skills
· Should have good communication and interpersonal skills
· Collaborate with team and create positive environment
· Build expertise on Z/OS, COBOL, IDMS, IMS, SQL, JCL, Expeditor, CICS, LCM, Control-M and OLQ Menu
· Understand the application functionality and document the understanding in SharePoint site of the project.
· Understand the technical framework, existing code, job flows, interface with up/downstream applications and the release process.
· Actively participate in KT sessions by asking relevant questions.
· Improve domain knowledge by understanding application functionality and business need it fulfils.
· Understand the technology stack of the project.
· Conduct reverse KT sessions with counter parts and team
· Intermediate knowledge of Release Processes and release docs
· Actively participate in training sessions provided by asking relevant questions.
· Provide technical and functional training to new joiners in the team during the year
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major came into existence in 2000 as SG Software Asia. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, SG GSC has over 14 years of sustainable delivery expertise, sharing a long-term perspective and developing global best practices to promote SG Group's strategic objectives.
SG GSC boasts of an in-depth understanding of business processes and cutting edge technologies that run across various domains of SG's diverse portfolio. We deliver the right solutions to the Group entities in the domains of Corporate & Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Specialized Financing & Insurance, Private Banking, and Global Investment Management & Services.
An employee focused organization; we provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. The entity in India conforms to the group diversity principles and has a multi cultural, diverse and young staff representing 7 nationalities, speaking 20 languages, 25% of whom are women.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
This position is for Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) department, which is one of the most prominent IT divisions of Societe Generale. SGSS is present in 28 locations worldwide with 4,000 employees; SGSS provides a full range of securities services that are adapted to the latest financial markets and regulatory trends.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.