Platform Reliability Engineering combines systems engineering to build and run our large scale global platform services. PRE ensures that our platform systems have the reliability, uptime and a quick rate of improvement / incident resolution. PRE will also be watchful of systems capacity and performance
At Société Générale, as a PRE engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the firm's transformation journey to the Cloud. You will have the opportunity to manage complex challenges at scale that are unique to our internal Cloud. You will get to use your skills in coding, systems management, observability dashboards complexity analysis and incident management. You will also work with the different Platform feature teams on their large-scale systems design while interacting with the production stakeholders, chapter managers and development teams in platform services (Xaas) for defining and practicing SRE principles
As a PRE engineer you will be the part of energetic and dynamic global team who would be accountable and responsible to ensure the platform stability. Also, you would be accountable to look after any issues with respect to cloud infrastructure along with the CI/CD pipeline. You will make ensure to run the platform at scale which involves Escalation and technical incident management along with problem. You shall embrace the post-mortems by improving the quality through task automation, chaos engineering & improving the metrics of platform services (XaaS).
- 5+ years’ experience in cloud platform production support, DevOps, and application development.
- Significant experience in SRE or DevOps
- Past experience as a Python / Terraform / Ansible developer
- Experience on infrastructures based mainly on API, containers, micro-services
- Ability to set up the metrics needed to monitor applications
- Ability to work independently and in a multicultural team, distributed team (France, India)
- Ability to communicate in English (read, written and spoken)
- Involved in application environment updates, DR, server/OS patches upgrades
- Assist the DevOps of the perimeter as well as their teams to define and implement an automation strategy (CI / CD, tests, deployments, supervision, Monitoring etc.).
- Contribute to technological choices and architecture of the tooling of the team
- Manage internal hosting infrastructures and IaaS / PaaS services on the Societe Generale Private Cloud.
- Ensure the delivery and operations of a consistent, resilient, scalable and reliable.
- Contribute to ensuring the security of the solutions offered to customers and their data.
Any one of 1 or 2-
1. Compute services management or administration
2. Database management system: Oracle/PostgreSQL/MongoDB
And all of the below (3 to 7)-
3. Scripting Language (Python or Shell)
4. Monitoring tools (any of the below)
Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Kibana
5. Understanding of CICD (Preferably Jenkins)
6. Good team player
7. Good Communication skills
Good to have Skills:
o Web: API, Flask, Connexion
o Containers and virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack
o Configuration and scripting management: Git, HELM, YAML, Shell
o Development: Python
o Packaging and CI: Git / GITHUB, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube
o CD: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins
o Operating system: Linux
o Integration: REST Webservice, RabbitMQ
o High availability, clustering, load balancing, auto-scaling
o Understanding Disaster Recovery, Chaos Monkeys topics
o Knowledge of agile frameworks: Scrum, SAFe
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status"
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.