- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory risks associated with UK financial services.
- Knowledge of the commercial activities of financial services’ businesses in the UK.
- Strong written skills, including legal drafting.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including providing clear advice for non-lawyers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including adapting to a diverse range of stakeholders and building in person relationships where required.
- Flexible, positive, solution-oriented and proactive in relation to work requirements.
- A strong ability to assimilate information and willingness to learn and take instructions, including from other lawyers in the team.
- A good team member.
- Strong organisational skills.
Good time management skills.
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.