Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Société Générale operates in Italy through different companies belonging to its three main core businesses: Retail Banking in France, International retail banking, financial services and insurance and Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services.
Within the legal department of Société Générale Milan Branch, the intern, being under the constant supervision of a tutor, will learn the basic knowledge as well as the main methods of negotiation of:
- certain agreements and contracts under Italian, English and French law (e.g. facilities agreements, intercreditor agreements, money market agreements), necessary for the execution of transactions in financial instruments;
- prodromal, ancillary and/or supporting documentation for the validity/enforceability of such transactions (e.g. confidentiality agreements, release letters, legal opinions, memoranda, mandates as well as various types of guarantees).
The internship period is for six months, with the possibility of its renewal for an equal period.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be involved in the broader contractual arrangements related to the corporate activities of SG Milan (procurement and outsourcing contracts, letters to third parties outside the SG Group, various reports)
- Be involved in the drafting and revision of the documentation relating to the public offer and listing in Italy of bonds and certificates issued by Société Générale or its subsidiaries, such as Final Terms, KIDs, marketing material
Studies & experience:
- Degree in Law
- Availability to work at least 6 months
- Excellent command of Italian and English (spoken and written)
- Another foreign language, such as French, would be an asset
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to details
- Results and quality-oriented
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Rigor, reliability and tenacity
- Team spirit
Why join us
Société Générale Italy is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your studies, various opportunities could be offered to you, in Italy and abroad.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.