Graduate of computer engineering with 4+ years of experience in Linux or Unix as L2 System Administrator.
Major accountabilities & responsibilities
- Support and maintain operating systems (Linux – RedHat, CentOS and Solaris).
- Maintaining good quality of production with complete ownership and accountability
- Support Operating systems on physical / Virtual / Cloud infrastructure and take proactive actions when needed.
- Enforce technical and security standards for Unix operating systems and services.
- Part of the Incident management (Incident, Request, Change and Problem)
- Part of infrastructure maintenance activities like weekend scheduled maintenance, disaster recovery etc..
- Contribute to document and review standards, operational procedures and infrastructures setups.
- Mindset to reduce alerts and optimization of workloads
- Follow internal processes at all time (AGILE, ITIL, time tracking, escalation ...).
- Work closely with stakeholders and clients globally.
Key skill areas & knowledge required
- In-depth knowledge of various flavors of Unix operating systems (Red Hat Linux ~80% & Solaris 10 x86 ~20%)
- Knowledge of hardware x86 platform and Sparc
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Python) and methodology
- Strong understanding of I.T. infrastructure, banking environment and communication
- Team player, positive attitude, good communicator, friendly personality able to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to work individually, organize and manage own tasks
- Knowledge of Veritas Volume Manager and cluster services
- Knowledge of VMWare platform
40% morning shift (05:30 AM to 02:30 PM)
60% afternoon shift (02:00 PM to 10:30 PM)
1 night shift week (10:00 PM to 06:30 AM) in 4 – 6 weeks