The Risk Management Department contributes to the sustainable growth of the Societe Generale group through its expertise, understanding of risks, and risk management techniques. The department’s mission is to independently analyze, assess, manage and monitor risk-taking activities with the objective of achieving, together with the first line-of-defense, the best possible outcome for the bank. The department oversees the enterprise, strategic, credit, market, liquidity, operational, model, and other risks of the corporate and investment banking business activities.
The Model Risk Department of Société Générale in New York contains a quantitative Model Validation Team. This team acts as second Line of Defense and is responsible for the validation of models. The scope of this role is liquidity models validation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of working experience in finance industry
- Masters Degree in Statistics/Engineering/Economics
- Strong analysis skills, especially liquidity risk management topics.
- Strong ability in statistics and data analysis programs (Python, R, VBA and etc).
- Strong reasoning and communication skills.
- Understanding banking and market products, risk methodologies, practices and procedures, liquidity risk management principles.
Nice to Have:
- Valuable experience within a similar area (liquidity risk management position, validation under SR11-7 of liquidity models, ALM experience…)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.