Description of the Business Line or Department
The CFM team handles middle and back office functions for the (PSC) business lines, which include prime services, commodity clearing and global execution services.
The CFM team manages the operational, administrative, financial market processing, and clearing for over 80 exchanges globally. The team is held to the highest of standards, ensuring the client requirements are prioritized equally against market exposure. In addition, the CFM team guarantees the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislation.
- The execution and clearing controls of all operations performed by FO and clients
- The first level of control on operations and "quality" certification
- Customer Relationship Management, KYC, and all support during the life cycle of client trading activity
- Keep clients informed of all regulatory changes impacting operations
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Client Facing Middle Office main responsibilities and tasks:
- To assist CFM team on operational queries for Listed Derivatives and FX activity. This includes but is not limited to queries on trades and position management, client reporting, commissions and fees, any ad-hoc queries that may arise in the course of client’s activity with SG
- Assist CFM team by monitoring and communicating with clients all trade life cycle events, e.g. allocations, breaks, transfers,
- Co-ordinate upcoming expiries for the team leads to ensure full client intentions are known leading up to expiry
- Proactively keep track of physically delivered products at expiration; liaise with Deliveries teams to they have intentions for al physically deliverable contracts
- Assist team to manage client queries pertaining to trade life cycle and position reporting
- Monitor of key end of day controls to ensure that all risk are managed for that day’s activity and that items are either resolved or pose no risk. If risk exists to escalate as required
- Work with teams and develop action plans for recurring incidents, prepare post-mortems as required
- Identify / analyse / rectify issues related to the flow of information and data into the relevant systems
- Alert Market Specialists of recurring allocation / booking issues which result from mapping or clearing system set-ups.
- Identify and resolve daily trade breaks and escalate as needed.
Assist the team in completing Account opening checklist and to ensure this has been signed off by all stakeholders ahead of go live
- Full understanding of the client reporting portal, able to navigate the portal and onboard clients to the portal where necessary
- Interact and support the SG front office through participation in forums such as business committees, client onboarding discussions and ongoing client profitability analysis
- Perform internal controls (GPS and Morse) in order to manage the key risk areas identified with specific checks created
- Continuous monitoring of key KPI to ensure that risks are being controlled appropriately and that trends are identified and worked on (market, client or process specific trends)
- Monitor operational risks (e.g. exceptions follow-up, pending trades, top day/historical). Ensure key risk items have been tracked, monitored and resolved daily.
- Participate in Global and Regional communities to share best practices
Summary of responsibilities
- Forge strong relationships with internal teams which will be used to remediate operational trade lifecycle queries
- Collaborate with colleagues to find solutions and offer a high level of client service while adhering to SG policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the business in line with the specific job details and objectives contained in the Evaluation system.
- Proactively mitigate risk, ensure we act within the best interest of the Company and its clients, and escalate when appropriate.
- Recognise established policies and proposed solutions for innovation and improvement.
- Provide constructive feedback, promote simplicity and innovation in a professional manner, actively contribute and embrace change.
- Demonstrate accountability, self-improvement and actively seek feedback where applicable.
- Continually develop professional competences and contribute to the corporate goals and ambitions of SG
- Assist with any audit and compliance inquiries
- Assist with documentation of procedures and workflows
- Participate in the cross-training of new employees
Establish an environment that promotes respect for individual employee’s and adheres to the SG policies and guidelines