Global Loan Sales is situated within the Global Banking division of SG Corporate and Investment Bank. There are dedicated loan sales teams in London/Paris, Hong Kong/Tokyo, and New York. It has primary responsibility for placement of syndicated loans in primary and secondary markets, working closely with Origination/Syndicate colleagues, and Loan Traders (who are part of our Asset Backed Products business). It is the main point of contact for coverage of investors who are active in the syndicated loan markets, both from buy and sell side.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
Responsible for the direct support of the Loan Sales desk, and indirectly of the Loan Trading desk, with which Loan Sales is in constant interaction. This a "front office support" role, and it enables the sales team to focus on marketing to clients, getting trades done on behalf of the traders and the business lines while remaining in compliance with SG's internal policies, procedures, and regulations.
1) Liaison between Front Office, Back Office, and Product Control Group teams globally
2) Assist in onboarding new clients of Loan Sales and Trading, and assisting in the "KYC" (Know Your Customer) process, including client outreach for necessary documentation
3) Data Integrity, including tracking of monthly Sales Credits. Work closely with Loan Closeres as an integral part of the trade settlement process
4) Assist in preparation of "one pagers", which are credit analyses of companies whose bank facilities we trade
5) Prepare deal summaries of new issues which SG leads; 6) Ad hoc assistance of salespersons and traders.
• Graduate with a Master degree
• Previous experience in finance and banking; specific knowledge of debt capital markets and leveraged finance is a plus
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good command of MS Office and Excel
• Fluent in English
• Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
• Self-motivated and proactive; willingness and a strong desire to learn
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and partnering skills
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
The VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible, but you will need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states oft eh European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005PV
- Entity: SG Americas Securities
- Starting date: 2023/08/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/07