Description of the Business Line or Department
CORI, the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SG CIB, offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. Building on long-term relationships based on trust, CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Société Générale Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities.
CORI's client reach is worldwide with solid local expertise thanks to our platforms in Europe (France, the UK, Germany, Italy, Iberia and the CEEMEA region), the Americas and Asia.
Corporate Finance (CORI/COR) has an integrated worldwide set-up offering a comprehensive range of advisory and capital raising services to accompany its clients thanks to strong sector and product knowledge, and proven capabilities in both local and cross-border executions. The corporate finance activity is about accompanying clients on all of their investment banking needs from strategic advisory, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets and structured equity transactions.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The position is based in London within the Power, Utilities & Infrastructure (PU&I) Corporate Finance team.
You are focused on multi subsectors and geographies
You are involved in M&A and ECM execution as well as origination of new deals across the sector.
You are also responsible for working across other teams in the bank as well as training and mentoring more junior team members
Summary of responsibilities
• Assisting in origination of Corporate Finance transactions across the PU&I sector
• Assisting in execution of Corporate Finance transactions across the PU&I sector
• Involved in the preparation and pitching of presentations for clients, investors and the broader investment community
• Financial statement analysis and financial modelling
• Company and industry research in the context of the origination and execution of transactions
• Company valuations mainly using market multiples, M&A multiples and the DCF method
• Help develop transaction structures / structured solutions
• Keep up to date about M&A, equity and debt related issues
• Working with other sector, country and products teams as required
• Efficiently supervises interns and owns responsibility of their work