ABOUT THE POSITION
What are you applying for?
As a business partner and a second line of defense, the company’s Americas Compliance Department contributes fully to the positive impact that Société Générale wishes to have on the transformation of our societies. Therefore, preventing market misconduct, managing tax transparency, combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism and corruption are all tasks that fall within the scope of compliance and contribute to the positive transformation of our economies.
Within a robust governance and risk management framework the Compliance Department provides expertise in Business Advisory, Financial Crime prevention, Banking, Securities and other applicable regulations, communications and trade surveillance, Second Line testing and monitoring and compliance risk assessment. As part of a global financial institution providing services across the globe, we also cooperate closely on a daily basis with our Head-Office and global affiliates to ensure compliance with the regulations in the countries where we operate and to address cross-border regulatory matters.
About our Compliance Digital Transformation Office (DTO) team:
Our team is responsible for leading the innovation and digital transformation of the various models, systems, and processes used by the US Compliance department. That includes a focus on Data Analytics and Modeling, Technology Transformation, Delivery & Governance, and the development of Business Solutions to enhance and automate Compliance processes.
By joining this team, you will lead the build and enhancement of our financial crime prevention models on client risk and transaction monitoring. As our capability in this domain grows, we, together, will seek to implement models on other matters, such as for instance, market and electronic communication surveillance.
What will be your day-to-day?
In this role and in close collaboration with modeling teams in Head-Office and other area of the Bank, you will oversee the following missions:
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and procedures used by the various teams in Compliance through machine learning (ML), Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) including instances where manual processes can be automated
- Model development of various Financial Crime Compliance models, including the transaction monitoring surveillance models, risk model and client risk rating models
- Conducting data analysis for tuning and optimization of various models and tools within Compliance, including the AML transaction monitoring system, the Sanctions filtering system and the negative news search tools
- Perform Data Quality checks, assess sanity of data sources and implement efficient ETL process
- Collaborating with the modelling team and with all stakeholders to document, monitor, present results and simulations, and facilitate the validation processes of Compliance & Risk models (Model Risk)
- Ensuring proper implementation of the validated models, and seamless support and cross-knowledge within the team
- Successfully use advanced predictive models and analytics to derive insights from data to implement business strategy and automation
- Develop A/B testing framework to test Model quality and implement processes that monitor model performance in Production
- Author detailed model documentation for Regulatory audit and Model validation