Market Making Application Support
You will join our Application Trading Support team (8 persons in both Paris & Frankfurt) within a larger group of 30 persons on the applications. The team is responsible for the production of the most critical application used by traders in charge of the Market Making of Societe Generale Listed Derivatives products. This application does trading, pricing, volatility fitting, risk monitoring, streaming of prices, electronic negotiation, in large volumes and high frequencies of computation & updates.
You will work closely with the traders to help them use the application in the best possible way for their needs. You will be in charge, with the support team, of monitoring the production and solve or prevent technical issues.
You will be at the heart of an industrial pre-trade information system involving hundreds of servers, processes and applications interacting in real time to allow the business to stream live prices of about 350k financial instruments and to negotiate electronically up to 1 millions requests per day.
Your main roles and responsabilities :
- Coordinate end-to-end the resolution of an issue, communicate to the management and to the traders about the status and the estimated time of resolution.
- Follow-up remediation actions leading to preventing next incidents of the same nature (monitoring enhancements, additional checks, information to users, feature implementations).
- Help traders using efficiently the application
- Coordinate transversal projects impacting the application’s production.
- To cover the needs of the application, the team is organized in shifts where rolling principles are followed. Important for the production is coverage of morning/evening checks (usually 7 am/ 6 pm) before/after market open/close.
You will obtain a hands-on experience in performant & critical trading applications, an overview of an industrial Information System in the financial area, an understanding of the equity derivatives trading on listed products, contacts in the financial industry (Paris, Frankfurt, Asia, London).
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
- Graduate with a Master degree from University or Engineering Degree in IT or a specialization in Finance or IT for finance
- Knowledge of SQL, Unix – Basics of networking, server, architecture
- Interest for Financial Market or trading
- Excellent analytical skills : analysis of complex production issues in a complex application
- Support Mindset, Team Spirit
- Tenacity and being results oriented
- Reliability and being quality-oriented
- Fluent in English (the VIE will have to discuss complex topics with English speakers)
- German and French are not mandatory, but would be a plus
The VIE assignment in a nutshell :
This VIE in Frankfurt is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.