- communicate a clear vision and strategy to achieve within our means and best practices;
- lead by example on how to take the extra steps to achieve goals
- express risk convictions and informed decisions with courage;
- empower team members appropriately
- Client Focus:
- ensure sustainable growth and long-term positive impact on businesses of decisions and those of the team;
- listen with genuine concern to clients and internal partners needs with courtesy and respect
- lead on transforming trends and practices (external, internal);
- think outside of the box and find innovative means for risk management
- Technical expertise in mathematical finance
- Market knowledge (derivatives, hedging mechanisms, etc) and ability to identify and prioritize risks embedded in derivative products
- Written and oral communication skills
- Strong risk culture and prudential regulation knowledge
- Management capabilities
Employees should understand the institution’s approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Société Générale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third largest investment bank in the European Economic Area and is present in more than 75 countries around the world.
The RISQ Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity by facilitating the objectives of the Business Lines while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The RISQ division in the US supports all the activities in the Americas Region (US, Canada and Latin America), which is almost exclusively GBIS-oriented.
The SGUS Risks on Market Activities and Liquidity Risk Management Department (“RISQ/AME/RMA”) is organized under the authority of the US Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”). It constitutes the primary independent risk management function (second line of defense “2nd LOD”) for market and structural activities and ensures the continuous and independent oversight of risks generated on a large range of the SGUS businesses under both normal and stressed conditions. Within the RISQ/AME/RMA Department, the Models and Valuation team (“RISQ/AME/RMA/MVA”) is the 2nd LOD team in charge of model validation for capital market products valuation models and liquidity models.
The team carries out this mission under the guidance and the policies established by the SGUS Model Risk Management team (RISQ/AME/MRM) which is framing model risks for SGUS, and in good coordination with central risk teams (RISQ/RMA/MVA and RISQ/RMA/ALM) to guarantee the consistency with principles prevailing at Group level.
As Head of the team, you will report to the Head of RISQ/AME/RMA locally and functionally to the head of RISQ/RMA/MVA and the head of RISQ/RMA/ALM.