Our team is providing financial analysis, reporting and certification to different partners and stakeholders: Finance, Front-Office and Risk Management divisions.
The position is an integral part of the Metrics Monitoring Group (MMG) part of RISQ division, dedicated to the Equity and Fixed Income Derivatives business line of Global Markets at Societe Generale Americas offices in New York City.
Joining MMG is the opportunity to acquire and develop strong technical knowledge of various products traded by the fixed income derivatives team, develop your expertise on PnL analysis, income attribution and risk metrics including Value at Risk and Stress Test.
The role offers extensive partnership with all the essential teams who managed these transactions for the bank (including traders, risk managers, developers, Middle Office….) and exposure to a broad range of functional team.
It will allow you to build a broad & deep understanding of the value chain.
The position is located directly on the trading floor within the fixed income business lines.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
- Produce, certify and publish the risk and P&L metrics of the trading desk;
- In daily basis, agregation and certification of market risk metrics at SGUS,FIC and EQD level (VaR, Stress tests, sensitivities,…)
- Monitoring of risk limit consumptions and follow-up of breaches with Front-Office and Risk management;
- Certification of the Profit & Loss and Income Attribution for FIC and EQD business lines
- Publish commentary about the different metric highlights to senior management;
- Provide support to Front Office and risk managers to understand positions and risks through various reports and analysis;
- Creation of daily and weekly dashboards in order to better monitor the trading activity;
- Work efficiently with the different teams to answer the business needs and improve the desk processes
- Continuous enhancement of P&L/Risk processes and systems using programming (VBA, Python,powerBI …) for macros and IT teams for the global industrialized tools;
- Developments/improvement of dashboards using powerBI
• Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance
• A previous experience in 1 year would be appreciated
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Proficient/Good command of MS Office
• Fluent in English
• proficient VBA/python programming
• Knowledge of derivative instruments
• experience with powerBI preferred
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New-York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space.
Please see Civiweb www.civiweb.com, in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 22000ZBM
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/04/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/16