Summary of responsibilities
- Follow-up the activity of trading desks in Europe, including close collaboration with teams in charge of P&L and Risk Metrics computation and excess follow-up.
- Follow-up the market moves on daily basis, in line with the positions on the trading desks.
- Define and maintain the market risk framework (limits and thresholds, ad-hoc Stress Tests, and contribution to Stress Tests): calibrate limits, assess increase requests.
- Assess and validate market risks on new transactions.
- Regularly review activities and framework, in documented memos.
- Take part in relevant meetings locally and at group level on limits, risk metrics and stress testing, and other cross-asset topics ensuring consistency across locations and asset classes.
- Address Regulatory inspections and coordinate UK-related projects.
- Help detect UK specific market dynamics or alert both UK and Global management about key market events
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Authority to design RISQ/RMA/MRF reports for UK committees.
- To make decisions within his/her level of delegation.
- Authority to represent RISQ/RMA/MRF/EQD UK function.
- Engineer degree, Msc.
- Solid experience of market environment.
- Knowledge of RISQ/RMA organization, processes, tools, and partners (MARK, RISQ, GBSU).
- International banking experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income and equity activities.
- Good understanding of stress testing principles.
- Good understanding of market risk regulatory models.
- Solid technical expertise on risk assessment, including cross market/counterparty risks.
- Very high communication standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations.
- Able to quickly give a synthetic overview & communicate with management.
- Results and solution oriented.
- Ability to operate with autonomy, while keeping the management informed when relevant.
- Strong team spirit.
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.