- Strong understanding in financial products and main market risk metrics
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong Knowledge of risk regulatory requirements and concepts
- Proficient Python, VBA, SQL, other scripting languages
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Power Point, and other MS office applications
- Strong quantitative orientation and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and fast learning individual
- Knowledge of market instruments, risk analysis and methodologies / valuation models of financial products
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the flexibility to communicate and build relationships with internal and external clients; strong written communication skills; overall strong interaction with key stakeholders of the regulatory initiative
- Curiosity, detail-oriented, autonomous, self motivation, pro-active
- Integrity and responsibility
- High sense of teamwork: inspire and work well with others
- Problem solving skills to get things done
- Ability to work in a challenging fast paced environment
- 5+ years with strong experience as market risk officer or in a similar role
- Programming experience using VBA and Python
- Previous experience in Market Risk monitoring a plus
- Master in Finance, Statistics, Financial mathematics or similar field
MMG – Market Analysts & Certification Community - OVERVIEW
Within Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking, MMG's major missions are to meet the regulatory challenges of tomorrow, to support the development of the business lines and to enable the Group to meet its ambitions in terms of client satisfaction and efficiency, while measuring and monitoring the risks. Ultimately, our task is to ensure that the Front Office and Finance departments are able to carry out their respective roles within a carefully-controlled risk and cost management structure. MMG works closely with other teams within Risk Market Activities and with other departments within RISQ.
When you join MMG, you are joining a team of very diverse people who are driven by excellence and whose recognized expertise is dedicated to always better serve our clients. You will be located on the trading floor having daily interactions with Front Officers and Risk Officers with exposure to senior management in New York and Paris.
MMG MISSION STATEMENTS
Within MMG, you will perform a wide variety of missions including:
- Production, analysis, certification, consolidation and reporting of all financial data, and production of risk and regulatory indicators of market and brokerage activities for MMG partners and stakeholders including but not limited to P&L, P&L attribution, VaR, Stressed VaR, Market and Credit Stress Tests, Market Risk sensitivities, Counterparty Risk monitoring, etc.
- Support of Business Lines, Risk and Finance departments on regular reports and ad hoc requests
- Control and monitoring of risk limits (market and counterparty) and follow up on breaches
- Definition and implementation of a control framework aiming to secure the production and certification processes
- Maintenance and quality controls of market data related to all businesses
- Contribution to the definition of Information System strategies and lead initiatives related to organization and process developments
MMG seeks to develop the expertise and skill set of each and every one of its employees. Our recognized technical knowledge and capacity for analysis enables us to bring real and lasting value for our business line partners. Moreover, MMG is looking for people who have a variety of strengths and passions, and offers a place to design, propose, create, and implement revolutionary business solutions for our clients.