Academic Background and Certifications , Experience
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences, Law, Renewable Energy, Business, Finance or a related technical field or equivalent.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Knowledge of one or more of current sustainability issues: e.g. climate change, energy transition, biodiversity, food systems, human rights/anti-slavery, financial inclusion, sustainable cities
- Experience in sustainability issues or interventions in the Asia Pacific region an advantage
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to real-world scenarios
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
- Keeps abreast of evolving sustainability trends
- Collective Mindset
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technological & Digital Savvy
- Sensible to Risks
- Simplification Mindset
This is a 3-month internship with Societe Generale in Singapore whereby you will work within the CSR Office for the period on sustainability matters. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 3-month period.
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised in its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
- Societe Generale is fully aware of the responsibility of being bankers. Our Group has a leading role to play in helping build greener and more inclusive development models, and to enable the emergence of new sustainable growth drivers.
- The mandate of the CSR Office is to align our activities with the CSR and sustainability vision of the Asia Executive Committee and the Group, and to ensure that CSR and sustainability become an integral part of our strategy in the Asia Pacific.