Academic Backgroung and Certifications, Experience
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance or Economics discipline
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Knowledge of Listed Derivative ETD sector is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other Asian languages will be an advantage (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) due to market coverage and clients’ locations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Keen eye for details
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Self-starter, and ability to work independently
- Ability to work within team with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Collective Mindset
- Risk Awareness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Willing to Learn and Develop Skills
- Thinking Out of the Box
This is a 3-month internship with Societe Generale in Singapore whereby you will work within the Prime Services Clearing Listed Derivatives Client Facing Middle Office team for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 3-month period.
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
The Derivatives Clearing Operations team supports the post-trade activity of Societe Generale’s ETD (exchange traded derivatives), FX and OTCC business and services servicing clients including Banks, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and Corporations.
This role is based in Singapore and reports to the Client Middle Office manager in Singapore.
Market coverage: Global ETD markets