Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA/LBO is responsible for i). providing Mid-Market Lending (“MML”) facilities to an array of Direct Lenders and ii). arranging and underwriting debt financing for leveraged buy-outs in Europe and the USA.
GLBA/LBO backs a core group of Direct Lenders and private equity clients.
LBO Finance is part of Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA)
Summary of the key purposes of the role
A. Build and manage client relationships with target borrowers in the Direct Lending and LBO sector
B. Identify and address clients’ needs in terms of raising and managing capital
C. Represent LBO in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
Summary of responsibilities
1. To support the team’s efforts in originating debt financing and advisory mandates in the MML & LBO sector
Specific focus on The UK, The Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia for Mid-Market Lending Facilities, Leveraged Finance loans and high yield bonds across all relevant currencies.
2. To support the team’s efforts in developing and maintaining a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients’ borrowing needs
To assist the team in meeting London’s fee and NBI budget
3. To support the team’s efforts in the effective and responsible execution of mandates
To ensure compliance practices are observed, KYC processes completed, due diligence reports comprehensively analysed and key elements reflected in the credit applications and financial models. To ensure also that the permanent supervision requirements are completed when due.
4. To support the development of the product offering in line with MML and LBO’s strategy and priorities
To the best of abilities, to take an innovative and creative approach to new product / service development with a view to identifying improved customer service and product portfolio.
5. To support the development of the MML & LBO client base in line with GLBA’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
To focus on developing an internal network across product disciplines with a view to deepening relationship across business lines and joint product synergy release. Developing client relationships at the Analyst level to ensure close client relationships throughout the hierarchy.
6. To support LBO in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
7. To focus on internal relationships with ABP / SYN / GLBA / MARK / Compliance / KYC / OPER / RISQ in order that the client receives a comprehensive service taking into account the intellectual property held within adjacent business lines.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.