Middle Office Global Transaction Banking Analyst
With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, Payments and Cash Management (PCM) is a strategic activity for Societe Generale. We can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years. As a real local Bank in all the countries where we operate, our global system ensures optimal coordination. We can intervene in cash management in Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, Overseas, and in the Middle East
The responsiveness and dynamism of our teams, their accurate knowledge of market trends and regulations, the strength of our networks and our diverse range of products allow us to optimize the daily management of the cash flow, the commercial and financial transactions for our corporate clients.
As analyst of Middle Office GTB, you will support the local Middle Office team in any administrative activity.
You will manage in autonomy your task and you will have to work in a team, always under the supervision of the Head of the Middle Office.
The role requires a strong client service orientation, process and regulatory knowledge and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Providing customer support by creating a strong link with the clients and being at the centre of the relation of the client.
- Providing support to the Middle Office in daily activities:
- Paper instructions;
- Customer Services and flows supervision;
- Mandate Sepa Direct Debit;
- Manage mandate and power of attorney;
- Implementation Cash Management products and services;
- Collect documents or data to customers;
- …..and other activities.
- Coordination with the Back Offices in Paris and Warsaw;
- Coordination with the support Middle Office in Warsaw.
- Graduate from Engineering school, Business School or University with a master degree in Finance
- Previous experience in Cash Management, Payment Services and Customer Service would be appreciated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Flexibility: capacity to understand quickly and adapt to the bank’s systems
- Autonomy: take responsibility of the job and be able to work in a team
- Ability to respect tight deadlines, to have initiative, propose solutions and ideas
- Disposition for customer service
- Basic knowledge in Payment Services is important for the position
- Basic knowledge in Cash Management, Guarantees and Letter of Credit would be desirable for the position
- Fluent in English and in Italian
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Milan is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300044F
- Entity: Global Transaction Banking
- Starting date: 2023/04/01
- Publication date: 2023/02/22