Come on join the IT infrastructures teams in a digital transformation journey
Created on July 1st 2009 within the Corporates Resources and Innovation Divison (RESG), the Global Technology Services (GTS) department supports all the IT infrastructures of Société Générale Group and its subsidiaries (Crédit du Nord, Franfinance, etc.) in France and abroad. Today it represents almost 3500 employees around the world.
Its mission? To provide to the Group's businesses lines reliable IT services by providing offers, services levels and optimized costs that meet the needs of their internal clients; such as hosting business applications, workstations, collaborative services, network and telephony.
The Middleware group is part of global GTS/PAS providing support to SG activities globally. The middleware administrator in Montreal will work closely with other middleware administrator based in Montreal, US and Paris to manage middleware located in Canada and US and also participate in on-call shift rotation providing support to worldwide systems.
The container administrator’s responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Support of all Middleware Core technologies mainly IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ and TIBCO EMS messaging system
• Design and implement middleware messaging infrastructure solutions for various business lines
• Provide second or third level support to application and developers
• Responsible for documentation, tracking and resolution of issues, and monitoring recurring issues and suggesting long term solutions for such issues
• Participates in and may lead projects to implement or enhance MDW services and automated solutions
• Research and implement new technologies to improve the Middleware platform services
• Act as a liaison to IT and Business to gather requirements for middleware platform software enhancements and upgrades
• Provide off-hour and weekend production on-call support and be able to handle on-call alerts.
• Provide on-call support as part of Follow-the-sun support to Paris and Asia systems.
• Provide advices, best practices to the team’s client (internal, GTS, ITEC …)
• Help implement and update the team standard (installation, best practices, etc. …)
• Contribute to API factory for provisioning and automation of the containers life cycle (including the docker part)
• To be process-oriented and be able to implement a common set of standards, methods and procedures used for all container work, as well as be able to recommend software and hardware upgrade paths.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.