You will act as the technical and functional administrator for the monitoring solutions used for end-to-end supervision of the bank's services.
As a monitoring specialist, you are responsible for maintenance, development and implementation in the tools and your custom scripts done in collaboration with the IT Applications Admins, infrastructure specialists, architects, and security officers.
- Install and configure monitoring tool components;
- Monitor the availability, performance, and stability of solutions under your responsibility;
- Develop and implement applicative and infrastructure monitoring requests;
- Develop scripts to enhance monitoring capabilities and enable automatic remediation of errors;
- Support IT teams during root cause analysis and impact analysis of incidents and problems
- Participate as a member of the project team;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the solutions and processes;
- Drive the adoption of monitoring throughout the bank to proactively identify individual, service degradation issues and anticipate outages;
- Participate in the on-call duty and share it with other team members.
- At least 2 years of experience as a sys admin or similar position;
- Practical experience in monitoring with systems like CheckMK/Nagios/Zabbix, Elastic, Prometheus, Dynatrace, Splunk;
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like bash, python, powershell, etc.
- Good knowledge of operating systems like Unix (Linux, IBM AIX), Microsoft Windows;
- General knowledge of databases like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc. (basic administration);
- General knowledge of application servers and middlewares like: Tomcat/Jboss/WebLogic/WebSphere, ETL tools, IBM MQ/Rabbit MQ;
- General knowledge of virtualization and containerization/orchestration solutions like VMware, Docker/Podman, Openshift, Kubernetes;
- General knowledge of ITIL methodology with a focus on change management, incident and problem management;
- Adaptability and availability in emergency situations;
- Initiative and proactivity, analysis and evaluation of information, ability to find optimal solutions;
- Analytical way of thinking: being able to break problems down into smaller, manageable parts;
- Communication, determination and perseverance skills in solving tasks;
- Customer centric way of working, supportive, and helpful;
- Collaborative team player;
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as ability to jointly work with multiple groups;
- Quick assimilation of knowledge;
- Good English level;
- IT university graduate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230006MW
- Entity: BRD
- Starting date: 2023/05/08
- Publication date: 2023/03/08