Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/NCG is the team dedicated to the management of MARK Business Unit’s Operational and Conduct Risks.
MARK/NCG is therefore acting in a 1st Line of Defence role (LoD1) as part of a wider 3-lines of defence model:
The First Line of Defence (1LoD) is embedded in the business or operational activities of MARK and its support functions and is composed of:
- All MARK staff and especially MARK managers, who own and manage operational and conduct risks and are supported in this mission by dedicated teams in NCG;
- And is complemented by GBSU/RMO department which is dedicated to 1st line of defence for GBS support functions (GBSU) as well as on some transversal topics such as information systems and cyber-security.
MARK/NCG’s role is to:
- Identify, control and measure operational and conduct risks;
- Define, implement and communicate the rules for the prevention of operational and conduct risks;
- Define and implement the MARK governance to review the Operational and Conduct Risk through the OCR Committees;
- Define and implement the control framework and performing its supervision;
- Define and implement controls;
- Perform part of those controls.
MARK/NCG in Europe acts as a global team across Paris and London and in a global role vis-à-vis MARK/NCG or equivalent teams in other regions / locations where MARK is present.
MARK/NCG in Europe is composed of the following teams, some of which may have local presence in the UK:
Norms and Oversight team:
· Define MARK’s governance on operational and conduct risk matters;
· Identify main risks and designs corresponding risk indicators;
· Benchmark Supervision and BOR transitions for MARK;
· Manage the Sanction & Embargo and Inex and Market Manipulation streams of the La Fayette remediation programme
Regulatory & Sales:
· Manage transversal non-financial risk topics for Sales;
· Manage MARK’s normative framework – i.e. rules, policies and procedures (for example sales and trading handbooks);
· Follow regulatory topics both in run the bank and change the bank mode;
· Work on training topics.
Front Office Supervision:
· Volcker and French Banking Law team:
· Monitor metrics and calibrate Market Risks for all MARK trading desks linked to Client demand (e.g. RENTD)
· Operational Risk and Conduct Managers (ORCM):
· Act as the entry point for MARK BLs for any operational and conduct risk subject, including:
· Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA);
· Op incidents declaration and follow-up;
· Fraud and Misconduct;
· Information Security;
· Business Continuity management.
· NCG Referential team:
· Manage tools & processes for FO staff permissions (mandates, FO supervision cartographies, trading venues…);
· Work on the remediation for algorithmic trading;
· Act as Business Continuity management coordinator for MARK;
· Manage some other staff-related tasks (access to premises, Expense).
· Control Production and Analysis team:
· Maintain and optimize existing 1st line controls, assess relevance, efficiency and exhaustiveness
· Design and implement new 1st line controls to manage operational, regulatory and conduct risks;
· Support controllers (FO, OPER, MACC, etc): provide training, upgrade controls tools, monitor controls.
· Investigation team:
· Manage the “Control Tower” tools (data repository for people-centric and GOP-centric op risk indicators);
· Perform anti-fraud controls based on correlation of op risk indicators and abnormal patterns;
· Perform specific ad-hoc investigations.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to ensure that the 1st LoD setup is fit for purpose for MARK SGLB;
· To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to support the Head of MARK UK to fulfil his Senior Manager obligations;
· To assist in the Permanent Supervision framework for MARK in the UK;
· To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to coordinate MARK/NCG’s 1LoD missions with 2LoD teams;
· To assist in answering requests from regulators and senior management on non-financial risks;
· To work on specific transversal projects linked to the 1LoD for MARK in SGLB.
This role does not require a specific certification.
Scope: this role covers all MARK activities in the UK which are conducted via SGLB.
Reporting line: this position will report to the UK Head of MARK/NCG.
Summary of responsibilities
1 - To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to ensure that the 1st LoD setup is fit for purpose for MARK SGLB activities in the UK:
· Assist in the identification, prevention and monitoring of risks for MARK activities in the UK (e.g. RCSA, OCR Committees, KRI monitoring, …);
· Assist in the adaptation of the control and supervision framework as needed on operational and conduct risks, due to new rules, regulatory expectations, Brexit changes etc.
2 - To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to support the Head of MARK UK to fulfil his Senior Manager obligations:
· Review that transversal PS controls linked to SMR regime &/or transversal for MARK UK are well performed.
3 - To assist in the Permanent Supervision framework for MARK in the UK
· Contribute, where and if needed, to the performance of certain controls for MARK in SGLB.
4 - To assist the UK Head of MARK/NCG to coordinate MARK/NCG’s 1LoD missions with 2LoD teams:
· Assist with MARK/NCG’s participation to LoD2 initiatives and topics.
5 - To assist in answering requests from regulators and senior management on non-financial risks
· Assist with requests on operational and conduct risks from regulators and senior managers through data gathering and analysis as well as presentation production.
6 - To work on specific transversal projects linked to the 1LoD for MARK in SGLB
· Manage and/or assist on ad-hoc transversal tasks.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Some degree of autonomy, with good coordination with the manager
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.