- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to review and understand complex regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
- Ability to balance multiple, changing priorities in a dynamic and fast moving working environment.
- Well-versed on OFAC and EU sanctions compliance requirements.
Employee Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Law Degree (strong preference)
- French (nice to have)
The SGUS Compliance Department monitors the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities of SGUS and reports on the compliance risks and issues to SGUS and Global Compliance Senior Management. Additionally, the SGUS Compliance Department works closely with the Global Compliance Department in Paris to ensure effective implementation of Global Compliance policies and to coordinate all cross-border business transactions and activities. The SGUS Compliance Department is responsible for monitoring the handling of sensitive confidential business information by SGUS personnel through the Compliance Control Room. It administers the SGUS Employee Investment Policy, arranges for the registration of broker–dealer personnel, and conducts compliance training. In addition, the Advisory Team provides the various business lines with guidance and advice on relevant rules and regulations. The US Financial Crime department is responsible for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering (“AML”), Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and sanctions regulations for the US operations. Additionally, AML oversees key processes and risks of the KYC department.