QUALIFICATIONS | KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Good in statistical analysis and synthesis of data
- Good communication skills and ability to convey messages to Management.
- Highly motivated and ability to work with a team.
- Good writing skill
- Familiar with use of Microsoft Office applications (including Excel Word, PowerPoint, and Power-BI)
- Ideally fluent in Excel. VBA, Alteryx, Coding skills and data visualization is a plus to deal with various dataset.
- Degree in Finance, Economic, Risk, Technology, or another related field
- University graduate in Finance, Accounting, or Business/Engineer school
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years previous work experience (ideally with knowledge in Risk Management, Finance Operations or Audit an advantage)
- Experience working in COO function (or risk & control related functions)
- Working at a Head-Office or Regional Hub is a plus.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and passion for delivery of high-quality solutions
- Team spirit
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make developing synergies a priority
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I strive to resolve conflicts fairly and sustainably
- Innovation - Technology: I take new technologies into account in my activities
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I encourage and demonstrate positive out of the box thinking
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive to generate high individual and collective performance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
Based in HK regional headquarter, the role of CORO (Controls & Operational Risks Office function) is to support the sub-departments of DFIN in:
- preventing, identifying, managing and mitigating the operational risks;
- Raise awareness and steer a sound risk culture internally;
- Enhance our risk management quality in such fast-changing environment.
The candidate will report to the Regional Manager working in close relation with APAC, Bangalore & Paris teams in Finance. Also have opportunity to work with various risk expert functions within the Group.