Responsible for tasks within the Operational Risk Management team including but not limiting to:
Manage operational risk events’ investigation and timely reporting with post-mortem review;
Assisting process owners to establish quality operational controls and maintain adequate permanent supervision;
Review risk control self-assessments of business units and support functions and formalize the consolidated risk assessment for China management
Support Business Continuity Management in SG China to ensure the business resilience.
Support the regulatory reporting supervision committee to reinforce the report production quality and timely submission;
Support the outsourcing service supervision committee to strengthen the vendor management and risk monitoring;
Produce KRI and Op-risk indicators, facilitate China local Operational Risk Committee meetings and action follow-up with local and regional stakeholders;
Support the business strategic projects rolling out in China and ensure the adequate monitoring of the operational risks during the project delivery;
Maintain sound operational risk management risk culture mindset in SG China.
1. Manage operational risk events’ investigation and timely reporting according to op-risk guidelines
- Coordinate the Loss Event Reporting in the Operational Loss collection databases and ensure timely reporting with accurate data.
- Take the lead on incident investigation and ensure adequate remediation plans are defined and tracked to resolution.
2. Perform Annual RCSA assessment for identified Business Units / Support Functions and support Regional (OSM's) to conduct interviews for RCSA that will be performed centrally.
3. Act as local RCCN1 and ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of L1 permanent control framework
- Assist operational managers in the design of first level permanent controls by providing expertise to define the most appropriate forms of control to contain an accepted level of risk
- Monitor the PS performance and report to management on regular basis with GPS declaration and control rating
- Verify the existence of corrective measures in the event of anomalies, ensures that the action plans of L1C are in place and periodically reports on the progress of the action plans to management
- Supports and monitors transformations and changes within the BU/SU of the permanent control frameworks
4. Subject matter expert (SME) on the Outsource Services (OS) Lifecycle supervisory for local entity
- Act as OS relay, coordinating the deployment of new framework on Outsourced Services as well as operational monitoring campaigns and assist local managers in complying with the required quarterly OS monitoring
- Acts as Risk Expert to assess outsourced services on 3 categories of risks " Execution Error"," Commercial Dispute" and "Fraud"
5. Business Continuity management
- As local BCM manager, assist BU/SU in devising effective recovery procedures and ensure implementation of agreed recovery strategy to ensure minimum disruption to business.
- Coordinates annual testing plan execution and crisis management exercise
- Coordinate local departments in the annual Business Impact Analysis in line with global templates and methodology
6. Organize and lead Operational Risks Committee, Outsourcing Committee, 3RC, Business Continuity Management Committee in line with terms of reference defined
7. Maintain sound operational risk management risk culture mindset in SG China through different approach, training, posters, communication letters.
- Define the required local and transversal training needs related to operational risk and control environment, including new joiner training and refresher trainings to all staff.
- Monitor and follow-up timely completion of mandatory e-Learning required from regulatory compliance, risk management or other control functions.
- Periodical communication on Operational Risk guidelines and best practices
- Coordination and change management for the implementation of new operational risks systems and policies
- Co-ordinate with BU/SU OSM teams and regional/global RMO teams to support and contribute to regional /global/local transformation projects
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.