You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University with a specialization in Banking, Finance or Economics
Ideally you have past experience in Banking
You are fluent in English. French or Mandarin would be a plus but are not required
You are proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, powerpoint, VBA), and show strong interest in new technologies (Tableau / PowerBi would be a plus)
You have the following skills:
- Basic understanding of Operational Risk and how it may manifest itself in a Financial Services environment
- Basic understanding of the various Business and Support Units operating in a Financial Institution
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to organize time, multitask, and define priorities (autonomy)
- Able to interact with all level of the organization from operators to executive management members
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies and disciplines
- Ability to be flexible and agile (priorities may change and escalation need to be adapted)
- Demonstrated ability to lead change through influencing skills, be a positive change agent
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Operations department (OPER) of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, and Asset Management and Investor Services. OPER handles the middle and back office functions for all GBIS business lines.
In addition, OPER ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislations.
GBIS is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. GBIS provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The successful candidate will be working in the Risk Management and Oversight department to support the Asia-Pacific Operational Risk Management team.
The candidate will be based in Hong Kong.