Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge of compliance and operational risk and associated framework;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills;
• Ability to communicate well across all levels of an organization;
• Knowledge of Banking, Broker-Dealer and FCM-related risks and regulations;
• Understand the business and applicability of regulations to identify key risk areas for the review and focus on the key areas for testing;
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills (capable of handling multiple, simultaneous, and various ad-hoc requests);
• Demonstrated history of taking initiative;
• Must be able to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies and disciplines;
• Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Securities licenses a plus.
Prior work experience:
• 7-12 years experience in the financial services;
• 5-7 Compliance testing or audit experience required;
• General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and expectations related to investment banking and broker–dealer activities and AML experience a plus.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Languages):
• B.A./B.S. required
• French speaking a plus
What we do differently at Societe Generale:
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
Minimum of 20 days Vacation days + 4 personal days
Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.);
Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family;
There are many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
We foster a culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees to seek improvements through various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, PluralSight, First Finance, and others)
Societe Generale is a global financial institution and one of the largest foreign corporate and investment banks. As such,
it has a diverse population which fosters opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different countries as well as
access to international mobility. The firm recently unveiled its new brand platform “The Future is You” which not only demonstrates its commitment and responsibility to its clients, but also to its employees as their ideas and actions can
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit, innovation. These four values are centered around our clients. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. And we work to increase our impact on clients.