DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
The Operations Department is a function which delivers end-to-end domestic and international asset servicing and banking capabilities, including Settlements, Corporate Actions, Income, Transitions, Tax operations, Stock Data, Fees, Controls, Banking and Payments, amongst others. The department supports the front and middle offices across multiple jurisdictions based in Jersey, Guernsey, UK, Gibraltar, and Bangalore. In addition to providing business as usual operational processes, we also execute change programs and create new operational capabilities to drive efficiency, improve client service levels, and reduce our operational risk
The Operational tax team is responsible for many of the bank’s tax reporting obligations, including US QI, FATCA, CRS and the Tax Pack production, forming Income, CGT and Interest reporting. The teams responsibilities cover all four of Kleinwort Hambros locations.
We are currently looking for a CGT SME to join our operational tax team, with proven working knowledge of CGIX. The successful candidate will take the lead on UK CGT and Income and once settled within the team, cross train on other Operational tax matters.
The role will be reporting into the assistant manager of operational tax and working in a team of 4 other people, along with our key service providers.
- Working within a small team of tax operations specialists, all of whom have their area of expertise (ie, QI, FATCA, CRS, CGT and tax form validation etc), while acting as the CGT and CGIX SME.
- Kleinwort Hambros use a market leading service provider to help manage our day-to-day transaction administration and queries in relation to Investment Taxes, so a good understanding and strong relationships are key. In addition, you will be expected to manage the regular service reviews and oversight of this service provider.
- Maintain CGIX to ensure reconciliations between systems are maintained with any discrepancies being corrected in a timely manner.
- Liaise with various operations teams to reconcile the valuation system to ensure accurate records are kept; maintaining correct costs are maintained within our systems.
- Become familiar with all responsibilities held by the tax operations team, supporting colleagues to deliver superior reporting campaigns for US QI, FATCA and CRS.
- Ensure our procedure, process flows and controls are continuously reviewed and updated to ensure the business is best placed to provide superior service to our clients.
- Be a strong self starter who is driven to deliver high standards at all time, supporting colleagues to ensure activities within the tax operations are successfully completed.
- Lead meetings, driving the agenda and taking the minutes, along with being able to communicate at all levels across the bank and with external parties.
- Be an active agent of change, supporting and identifying improvement opportunities on a continuous basis to ensure top quality service to our clients.
- Develop knowledge and expertise to provide guidance, support and assistance to Management and colleagues regarding Operational Tax reporting issues
- Adhere to SGKH code of conduct.