1. The role holder will lead the team responsible for the setting and maintenance of the overall strategic direction for Transaction Monitoring- The role will focus on striking a fine balance between Effectiveness and Efficiency, and continually evaluate emerging technologies that can help achieve higher effectiveness maintaining sustainable cost base Requirements:- Seasoned professional with direct experience of AML- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of Transaction Monitoring (at strategic and operational level), gained within large financial banks
2. Assess risk events(i.e. Alerts), created by the Monitoring systems or created manually, to identify unusual customer behavior and escalate such unusual patterns for Analysis. Perform the assessment in accordance with the procedure laid down in processes SOP and Country Addendum. Processing of cases should be within the turnaround time (TAT) and should adhere to the quality guidelines.
3. The role will focus on developing and implementing, working closely with the sub-functions, global and country governance capabilities to support monitor, control and continually improve the Transaction Monitoring framework across all key pillars of Transaction Monitoring: Systems, Data, People and Processes Analytics
4. Strong understanding of how TM control mitigates FCC Risk and the various underpinning activities forming the TM programme- Proficient knowledge of AML and CTF issues across the financial services industry
5. Leading team and managing the BAU Activities.
6. Share best practices with peers and support in creating an FCC Risk Management Culture of Excellence.
7. Performing QA Analysis on the L1 and QC Investigation Analysis and providing feedback to improve the Alert Investigation methodology.
8. Ensure Technology / Risk issues identified are reported and escalated to the Manager in a timely manner.
9. Ensure regulatory requests received from country relating to AML are promptly attended to.
10. Assist the VP/Senior Manager /Associate Manager / Manager in BCP / DR testing in addition & taking appropriate measure for managing crisis situation.
11. Work in Shift according to Business requirement.
12. Preparation of various MIS.
13. Co-operate and support the management in implementation of any other initiative that may arise during the course of the year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.