Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy.
Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 147,000 members of staff in 67 countries and supports on a daily basis 32 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Societe Generale in the US values and remains committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our mission is to recruit, develop, retain and advance a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Global Technical Services (GTS) is the infrastructure organization supporting all entities in the Americas for all infrastructure technology requirements including:
- Workstations including computers, telephones and email
- Data centers hosting
- End user computing services
- Market Data administration infrastructure
- Data services
GTS various fields of expertize enable the organization to:
- Work as part of the team responsible for the Group's Digital Transition,
- Ensure the 24/7 quality and continuity of our infrastructures and their resilience to incidents,
- Advise/accompany business lines and functional divisions through their own transformation,
- Provide diversified/innovative service offer that is customized to the requirements of our internal/external partners
Our goal is to deliver quality/cost-effective IT infrastructure services aligned to our customer needs while effectively managing operational risks and providing value added/innovative solutions.
- Installation, configuration, management and maintenance of databases
- Responsible for database health, resiliency, performance tuning and optimization, operational control procedures, support and inventory.
- Work closely with developers and application production support to provide technical help
- Participate in On-call, handle alerts and escalations during business hours and off-hours, including weekends and Holidays on rotational basis.
- Setup and maintain Database backup and recovery procedures
- Provide technical documentation.
- Support and implement database changes, ensure quality of the changes.
- Perform capacity planning for the databases
- Implement and help other team members with group/team strategy
- Participate in Feature teams to build tools and develop APIs to automate daily tasks
- Adopt the DevOps way of working to provide support for the automation
- Participate in Agile ceremonies to promote teamwork