• 5+ years’ experience in a financial services / investment banking operations role
• Familiar with project management lifecycle & competent with Microsoft applications
• Competent & knowledgeable on writing macros, Java, Object Orientated programming skills, basic algorithm & list comprehension
• Experience working with global teams & interactions with stakeholders at different levels; ability to work with virtual/global resources working in different time zones
• Strong analytical skill & attention to detail for proposing process changes and improvements
• Positive, proactive & control mindset
• Clear verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability and maturity to work independently when needed to work on tasks
• Team player and ability to adapt to different situations and tasks
• Understanding and awareness of operational risk/ investment banking outsourcing industry
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA
With various operating models developed over the years, there’s a strong need for Société Générale (SG) to demonstrate a good level of oversight on Outsourced Services (OS) activities for deals originated in Asia and locally in front of regulators of different jurisdictions.
The Oversight (OVS) function, created within SG in 2013 and has teams in global hubs (Paris, NY, London & HK). OVS has 2 main mandates; 1] Asia OS Correspondent, to provide the framework/guidelines for new & existing OS for Asia Business Units & 2] OS Relay for Global Business Service Unit (GBSU), a subject matter expert & support to production team on the OS life cycle