The successful candidate will be on boarded in the Core Infrastructure Hosting team that develops and maintains solutions for our internal partners using the following building blocks:
- Storage, Compute and Operating Systems
- Datacenter and related Switching/Routing environments
- Data links (MPLS/Leased Lines) and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Private and Public cloud services
The team is composed of DevOps Network Administrator, Storage Administrators, System Administrators and Developers using Agile methodologies.
As a Senior Linux System Engineer, the candidate's mission will be:
- Install, configure and support linux based systems and services across Asia Pacific on shift basis
- Excel in releasing projects and maintenance operations in production without impact
- Ensure solutions being offered are in line with business requirement in terms of stability, resilience and performance
- Ensure global standard and best practices are well implemented and fit Asia Pacific requirements
- Represent the team in various regional and global forums where technical expertise is required
- Be a technical reference for internal partners and advise on standard or innovative solutions to bring value in a competitive and challenging market environment
- Be a technical reference and mentor for the team to increase their knowledge about linux operations and solutions to delivery
Most underlying infrastructure components are coming from strategic prioprietary and open source vendors on the technology market. Therefore the candidate must have a solid experience of dealing with Technology makers at various level (account management, support, open source community).
We highly value appetite to learn and try disruptive and non traditional technologies (open source, cloud) to deliver tomorrow’s infrastructure solutions.